Friday, July 4, 2008

Hey look, I'm an electrician


So I picked up my 1964 Land Rover Series IIa yesterday. The mechanic who picked it up for me couldn't get it started. I think he was afraid of damaging it more than not knowing what to do.
First problems: electrical. Trouble with the rear left blinker (turn signal). Messed about with the connections on the rear of the truck for half an hour, got them going when they should. (as I was messing about I managed to get the break lights to work with the blinkers, close but no cigar)
Then the running lights didn't work. This happened once when I test drove it, then they came on all by them selves when I was standing next to the truck. Removed the dash panel and there was a loose connection.

I bought the big green Land Rover Series II & IIa Repair Manual. Nice.

No comments: